CORE AREAS PARKING MASTER PLAN
CORE AREAS PARKING MASTER PLAN
NOTICE OF PUBLIC INFORMATION CENTRES
Parking affects all residents of Cambridge and is one of the biggest factors in achieving a
successful urban area. Too little parking can affect transportation accessibility and business
viability; while, too much parking can impede progress towards a more sustainable City.
In recognition of the need to develop improved plans for parking, the City initiated a Core Areas
Parking Master Plan for the three Core Areas of Galt, Hespeler and Preston in March 2008.
The key objectives of this strategy were to assess existing and future parking needs and
develop a forward-looking and sustainable parking plan for the next 15-20 years.
Public and stakeholder input is essential for the development of a Parking Master Plan that
addresses long term goals for the City, while meeting the current needs of residents and
businesses. This Study included two Public Information Centres to provide interested parties
with an opportunity to review and discuss issues related to the study. The first Public
Information Centre was held in June 2008 and provided information on the purpose of the Core
Areas Parking Master Plan, parking supply and demand in the Core Areas and what types of
options would be considered.
Members of the public, business owners and interested stakeholders are now invited to attend
the second Public Information Centre, which will be repeated in each Core Area at the following
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 Thursday, January 29, 2009
Preston Auditorium Cambridge City Hall Hespeler Arena
Banquet Hall Bowman Room Optimist Room
1458 Hamilton Street 50 Dickson Street 640 Ellis Road West
Cambridge, Ontario Cambridge, Ontario Cambridge, Ontario
Each meeting will take place from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., with a formal presentation at 6:00 p.m.
The purpose of the second Public Information Centre is to provide attendees with an update on
the Core Areas Parking Master Plan including: identified parking issues, the development and
evaluation of alternatives, study recommendations and next steps in the Study.
For more information on the Core Areas Parking Master Plan, please see www.cambridge.ca or
Ms. Cathy Robertson, P.Eng., PTOE Mr. Brian Hollingworth, P.Eng.
Director of Engineering Services Project Manager
City of Cambridge IBI Group
[email protected] [email protected]
(519) 740-4682, ext. 4544 (416) 596-1930, ext. 414
This Notice first issued on January 16, 2009.
- Related pdf books
- Galt Arena Skate Program Schedule Changes
- Mill Pond Trail - City of Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- The Canadian city is using a new cloud-based tool from IBM ...
- CAMBRIDGE INTRODUCES 519-621-6001 EMERGENCY IF PLEASE
- FALL_ActGuide_pg078Layout 1
- If you require information in an accessible format or ...
- SMALL BUSINESS COMMERCIAL & RETAIL DATA BOOK
- Date: File: 50 Dickson Street P.O.Box 669
- Carrefour Soleil Summer Playground - Cambridge, Ontario
- SUMMER ARTS PROGRAM ASSISTANT/SUPERVISOR 2014 SUMMER STUDENT ...
- REPORT - Cambridge, Ontario
- ByLaw Improvements for Easier Understanding New Boulevard
- 2009-Cambridge Mayor's State of Address
- Want to Be in the Know about the Sports Scene In Cambridge ...
- 2014 Rate Review CAO - Cambridge, Ontario
- Forbes Creek Subwatershed Study - Cambridge, Ontario
- TENDER #2009-29 QUEEN STREET WATERMAIN REPLACEMENT AND ROAD ...
- Popular epubs
- MASTER CATALOG - Assessments Technical Core Assessment (TCA)
- Academic Facilities Master Plan Program- State Plan
- STAFF REPORT-Downtown Parking Management Plan 06-06-05
- PH/HA Core Journal List Project Plan
- THE SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS TRUST THE CORE OF THE PLAN
- Template 5.1. Core Functions for CSC Plan Development (Within States)
- Blazing Star State Trail Master Plan
- Table 14.1 HOUSING REQUIREMENTS AS PER MASTER PLAN OF DELHI - 2001
- The Study on City Master Plan and Urban Development Program of ...
- EDMONTON PUBLICART EDMONTON PUBLIC ART MAP Public Art Master Plan ...
- Vol. 73, No. 4 August 2010
- Cambridge CAP 2009