The Geography of China
The Geography of China
Michele Lasker and Joan Sizemore
November 10, 2002 – Handout
Worksheet of Instructions for
Labeling the Provinces and Geographic Features – Two Maps
Map 1 – Geographic Features
1. Label the following bodies of water using blue.
Pacific Ocean, Yangtze River, Pearl River, East China Sea, South China Sea, Sea of
Okhotsk, and Yellow Sea
2. Label the following cities using a star within a circle.
Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’An, Canton, Harbin, Urumqi, and Guangzhou
3. Label the following mountain ranges with an upside down v.
Himalayas, Quinling, and Altai
4. Label the Islands in yellow.
Hainan, and Hong Kong
5. Label the countries in green.
Mongolia, Russia, Japan, Vietnam Laos
6. Label the desert in brown.
The Gobi Desert
Map 2 – The Provinces
7. On the Label the provinces that have the nine minorities that we will
be studying using green, purple, orange, red, and yellow. Shade
lightly with your map pencils. All of the labels need to be placed
horizontally and should be printed.
Anhui, Gansu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Guizhou,
Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Liaoning, Sha’anxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang, Hunan, Qinghai, Shandong,
Sichuan, Taiwan, and Yunnan.
8. Locate your minority group using the Map of the Distribution of
Nationalities in the Peoples’ Republic of China, 1998
The minorities are: The Dong, the Miao, the Uighur, the Zhuang, the Man, the Dai, the
Bai, the Oroqen, and the Li.
- Related pdf books
- Perspective: Magnetic traps for nearly untrappable particles ...
- Global Themes of “To Kill a Mockingbird” - Yale University
- SPAN PLACEMENT FALL 2010
- The Pulse - Yale University
- Multifilamentary NbTi with artificial pinning centers the effect
- IMPORTANT: These instructions are for the 2012 tax season and ...
- Policies plans practice and prospects irrigation in
- Yale University
- Yale University New Haven Connecticut 065101722 Student Loan Office
- SCHOLAR AWARD COMPETITION - Yale University
- ARKANSAS 21C SUPERINTENDENTS MEETING APRIL 14-15, 2003 ...
- IMPERIAL AMERICA: A PROPOSAL FOR THE EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY VOLUME IN
- f www.communityservicesnetwork
- Social Change: Technology's Role in the 21st Century
- Published October 1, 1989 The Mechanism of Assembly ...
- Heard In and Around the Quad - Yale University
- Immunofluorescence Protocol on paraffin sections -Giovanni Zito-
- Popular epubs
- Geography,Economic Policy,and Regional Development in China
- Geography Shapes Life in Ancient China
- Geography Geography Geography
- GEOGRAPHY OF THE UNITED STATES Geography 321 [#15245] — Spring ...
- Medical geography or geography of health? A reflection Flávia de ...
- Geography / 159 Geography
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA Department of Geography GEOGRAPHY 3280 ...
- Department of Geography UNDERGRADUATE COURSES IN Geography
- CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA
- 2000 Census Geography 2000 Census Geography
- China documentary features local businesses - 2004-03-01 - Pacific Business News (Honolulu) Page 1 of 3
- A Multilingual Geographic Feature Classification Index for China and Japan