ASIA Network on ADS, May 2004
Lead-Bismuth Corrosion Study in KAERI
2004. 5. 20
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute
◇ Research methods( oxygen control concept)
◇ Experimental methods and procedure
◇ Schematics of Static corrosion facility
◇ The results of static corrosion test(KAERI and FZK)
Objective: Study of corrosion-resistance for a structural material under the
operational temperature and velocity of the optimized HYPER (HYbrid Power
Extraction Reactor) cooling system.
◇HYPER (HYbrid Power Extraction Reactor) is being designed as transmute long
-lived transuranic actinides and fission products such as Tc-99 and I-129.
◇HYPER is the accelerator driven transmutation system developed by KAERI.
◇Lead-Bismuth eutectic (LBE) alloy was determined as a spallation target and
coolant material of the HYPER due to its high production rate of neutrons and
effective heat removal.
◇LBE has a great corrosion problem over more 400℃ because the solubility of
Fe, Cr and Ni is high.
◇The problem has been considered as a important design-factor that limits the
operational temperature and flow velocity of the ADS system.
Oxygen control concept
·The oxygen concentration is controlled by
adjusting the H2 and H2O vapor ratio.
·The H2O pressure is set to be 15.94 mbar.
Ar gas is forced to flow with a rate of 100
cc/min and the corresponding rate of the
Ar-5%H2 gas is also forced to with a rate
· ·A reduced atmosphere(
- Related pdf books
- Research Proposal For COMET (E21) Calorimeter Prototype Beam Test
- KSTAR Neutral Beam System
- Thermal and Cold Neutron Radiography at CARR
- Accelerator Facility Accident Report - J-PARC
- MLF Experimental Report - J-PARC｜大強度陽子加速器施設
- THE INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON THE J-PARC PROJECT REPORT
- JHFnu at J-PARC neutrino oscillation experiment
- Accelerator Science Data Grid Center
- Vol.3 No.2
- Newsletter From AONSA - J-PARC｜大強度陽子加速器施設
- Study of in medium mass modiﬂcation for the meson using ...
- Adgenda for the 1ST Interim Executive Committee of AONSA
- Experimental Proposal for JPARC Search for a nuclear ¯ K bound
- Chronological Sequence of Events updated on 18 June 2013
- ---- J-PARC PAC Approval summary after the 16th meeting ...
- March 11 (Fri). Earthquake came. No injured persons for J-PARC
- Popular epubs