ASIA Network on ADS, May 2004
Lead-Bismuth Corrosion Study in KAERI
2004. 5. 20
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute
◇ Research methods( oxygen control concept)
◇ Experimental methods and procedure
◇ Schematics of Static corrosion facility
◇ The results of static corrosion test(KAERI and FZK)
Objective: Study of corrosion-resistance for a structural material under the
operational temperature and velocity of the optimized HYPER (HYbrid Power
Extraction Reactor) cooling system.
◇HYPER (HYbrid Power Extraction Reactor) is being designed as transmute long
-lived transuranic actinides and fission products such as Tc-99 and I-129.
◇HYPER is the accelerator driven transmutation system developed by KAERI.
◇Lead-Bismuth eutectic (LBE) alloy was determined as a spallation target and
coolant material of the HYPER due to its high production rate of neutrons and
effective heat removal.
◇LBE has a great corrosion problem over more 400℃ because the solubility of
Fe, Cr and Ni is high.
◇The problem has been considered as a important design-factor that limits the
operational temperature and flow velocity of the ADS system.
Oxygen control concept
·The oxygen concentration is controlled by
adjusting the H2 and H2O vapor ratio.
·The H2O pressure is set to be 15.94 mbar.
Ar gas is forced to flow with a rate of 100
cc/min and the corresponding rate of the
Ar-5%H2 gas is also forced to with a rate
· ·A reduced atmosphere(
- Related pdf books
- JAPAN PROTON ACCELERATOR RESEARCH COMPLEX
- Accelerator Science Data Grid Center
- 京 上野 駅 のりば：八重洲南口 水 戸 大洗 イン
- １ ２ ３ ４ ５ ６ ７
- Draft - to be approved in the next PAC meeting
- JPARC Materials and Life Science Facility Technical Advisory ...
- Agenda for the Board Meeting on March 13 2010
- 建屋名称 Facility 扉名称 Door Name
- THE INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON THE J-PARC PROJECT REPORT
- Experimental Proposal for JPARC Search for a nuclear ¯ K bound
- Letter of Intent New Measurement of Muon Anomalous Magnetic
- Muon Source Extension
- The AsiaOceania Neutron Scattering Association
- Spectroscopic study of hyperon resonances below K N threshold ...
- JHFnu at J-PARC neutrino oscillation experiment
- Popular epubs