Inclusion in East Renfrewshire Schools
Information for parents
East Renfrewshire Schools
Inclusion - advantages
Inclusion has many advantages and schools have
been in touch with the education department to
list just some of them.
This is what they’ve found:
• Extra adults are available in classrooms and in
the playground to assist all pupils and not just Education Department
those with additional support needs Council Offices
• All pupils have a greater awareness if 211 Main Street
differences in society learn to accept differences
and to promote fairness and equality G78 1XB
• Attainment and achievement is boosted for all
pupils thanks to an inclusive approach to
teaching and learning
• Citizenship values are encouraged
• Schools recognise all achievement and
celebrate it, whether it’s academic, sporting,
helping others or demonstrating skills in
Further information about inclusion is available
from your local head teacher who can give you
information about how it works in your local
school. Inclusion, achievement
and progress for all
You can also speak to the parent information line
on 0845 84 100 10
Inclusion in East Renfrewshire Schools
Inclusion Attending mainstream or The effects of inclusion on classes
In East Renfrewshire schools our policy is to The effect of inclusion will vary from school to
include all pupils in mainstream schools whose The majority of pupils with additional support school.
parents wish it. needs are now in mainstream schools.
You may notice more adults in classes to support
There's also the policy of the Scottish Executive They may have physical disabilities, emotional or pupils who need additional support with their
and this leaflet explains what inclusion means in behavioural difficulties or conditions such as an learning or behaviour.
East Renfrewshire and how it may benefit your autistic spectrum disorder. In all cases we provide
daughter or son. support. Pupils with special educational needs are now
very much a fact of life in mainstream classes
In some cases youngsters with special because of our inclusion policies, and all pupils,
educational needs may attend special schools, staff and parents have to be aware of that.
such as our own Isobel Mair School at Clarkston,
or else we buy in specialised schooling outwith There may be some pupils who display
East Renfrewshire. challenging behaviour and that could be a cause
for concern for some parents or pupils.
We accept that there will always be a need for
specialised provision to allow some pupils to meet However schools have a range of strategies
their potential and to give their parents choice. to deal with inclusion. These ensure that the
youngster needing support receives it as well as
Whether your son or daughter attends making sure that the education of other pupils is
mainstream or a special school depends on many not compromised in any way.
factors, but in every case you will be closely
involved at every stage and we will work with you We will always ensure that no pupil will be
and with specialists such as educational disadvantaged through inclusion policies being
psychologists, and, where appropriate, medical put into practice and we will ensure that adequate
specialists, to reach a decision in the best support is in place, to enable all pupils to
interests of the youngster. progress.
- Related pdf books
- W/C Reading Writing Literature Personal Study assessments Suggestions
- Photographing - East Renfrewshire Schools Network
- Spot on Safety - East Renfrewshire Schools Network
- Focus for Discussion 7 – Promoting inclusion using ICT
- Parent Information Line Ring 0845 84 100 10
- Focus for Discussion 4 – Learning styles
- Follow Through Report on the Inspection of Mearns Castle High ...
- Music, Arts and Culture, Creativity and Sport
- making child’s play in East Renfrewshire
- EAST RENFREWSHIRE COUNCIL
- How good is our school - East Renfrewshire Schools Network
- FIRST STEPS IN LITERACY - East Renfrewshire Schools Network
- East Renfrewshire Council
- S4/5 OPTIONS EVENING
- East Renfrewshire Youth Counselling Service
- How good is
- ST. NINIAN\'S HIGH SCHOOL GIFFNOCK
- Popular epubs
- LOBBYING FOR MIGRANT INCLUSION IN THE EUROPEAN UNION. ANDREW ...
- Ecological Inclusion: animal welfare and the total environment
- Technology Futures and Digital Inclusion
- National Inclusion Support Subsidy Provider Contact Information ...
- National Inclusion Support Subsidy Provider Partner Illawarra ...
- Diversity and Inclusion
- New Jersey Inclusion Resources for Families
- Social inclusion: a Pakistan case-study
- Disability Awareness Inclusion brochure
- Inclusion Bursary Guidance 2010-11